Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Permanent Collection

GREETINGS--

I have a piece in a group show called 'Permanent Collection' at Nancy Margolis Gallery in Chelsea in NYC.

The concept of the show is that 130 artists (including lots of amazing artists I went to school with and lots of artists a million times better than me) did a tribute piece to a selection from the Permanent Collection at the MoMA. I chose "When I Think Back.. REA" by Lester Beall.

I chose this piece since it already reminded me of my own work, and I have such a weakness for those graphic, old propaganda-esque posters... as well as any opportunity to draw mechanical devices. Did this is ballpoint pen, xerox, brush and ink, and acrylic paint on cradled wood panel.


This show was curated by the awesome illustrator/my old professor/all around cool dude Jordin Isip.

I know this isn't the greatest picture of it ever, but tomorrow is the reception and if you are in NYC you should go and see it in person!!

-Maritsa

0 comments: